Kernel image and SUnit

Pavel Krivanek squeak1 at continentalbrno.cz
Sat Jul 15 11:55:37 UTC 2006

> I have tried to import SUnit into the 3.9 kernel image. I have simply
> exported and extracted MC package. SUnit tests passed without errors.
>
> Then I have tried tests from category KernelTests-Objects (with
> Tests-Utilities).
> Only three tests failed:
>  - 2-times testNewTileMorphRepresentative (surprisingly if we have no
> Morphic :-)
>  - testClassCommnet WeakMessageSendTest (the class has no comment, it
> fails in original image too)
>
> So good news, we have well working SUnit for this image.
>
> -- Pavel

I hope that I have tried all related tests. This is the report:

Rejected tests
==============

(KernelTests-Objects) testNewTileMorphRepresentative (Morphic)
(KernelTests-Numbers) testIntegerByteEncoded (Morphic)

Tests that fail in the full image
=================================

ClassBuilderChangeClassTypeTest testClassCreationAndChange
     MANTIS 0004260
ComplexTest testEquality
     MANTIS 0004261, 0004262, 004263
SemaphoreTest testCriticalIfError
     7044 OK
FloatTest testZero2
     MANTIS 0004264
FloatTest testNaN5
     MANTIS 0004264
WeakMessageSendTest testClassComment
     7044 OK
BlockContextTest
     7044 OK
PureBehaviorTest
     7044 OK
TraitCompositionTest testClassMethodsTakePrecedenceOverTraitsMethods
     7044 OK
TraitFileOutTest
     7044 OK
TraitMethodDescriptionTest testArgumentNames
     7044 OK
TraitMethodDescriptionTest testConflictMethodCreation
     7044 OK
TraitTest
     7044 OK
DictionaryTest testKeyAtValue
     7044 OK
WeakIdentityKeyDictionaryTest testNoNils
     MANTIS 0004265
EventManagerTest testClassComment
     7044 OK
MethodReferenceTest>>testClassComment
     7044 OK
FileDirectoryTest>>testExists
     MANTIS 0003649
EventManagerTes testClassComment
     7044 OK

ObjectFinalizerTests testFinalizationOfEquals
SendsInfoTest testTestCompileSuperBranch
SendsInfoTest testCompileSuperBranch

Tests that fail
=================================

ClassTest testRootsofTheWorld
     FIXED
TextFontReferenceTest testEquality
     FIXED
TextFontReferenceTest testHash
     FIXED
StringTest testEquality
     FIXED

ClassTest testRenaming
ExceptionTests testTimeout
ChangeHooksTest testClassRecategorizedEvent2

PureBehaviorTest
RequiresOriginalTestCase testTwoLevelRequiresWithUnalignedSuperSendsStartLate
RequiresOriginalTestCase testTwoLevelRequiresWithUnalignedSuperSends
RequiresOriginalTestCase testSins
RequiresOriginalTestCase testTwoLevelRequiresWithUnalignedSuperSends
RequiresOriginalTestCase testSins
RequiresOriginalTestCase testTwoLevelRequiresWithUnalignedSuperSendsStartLate
TraitFileOutTest
TraitTest

I suppose that some traits related test failures in the kernel image
will be solved after upgrade the kernel from 7033 to 7044

-- Pavel