MVC song

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Mon Jul 17 17:20:59 UTC 2006

On 7/17/06, karl <karl.ramberg at chello.se> wrote:
> >  I would like to understand the Smalltalk heritage for
> > current UI implementation practices, and see code samples or
> > pseudocode for where they differ.
> >
> > If so, I would love to read such an article.

> MVC was implemented in Smalltalk in the late seventies by Trygve Reenskaug,
> he's on this list. Here is his homepage:
>
> http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver/themes/mvc/mvc-index.html

Thank you Karl - that is exactly what I wanted - and more.  Trygve has
plenty of papers on his site that give me all the information I need.
I should not have been surprised to see that the problem for the first
MVC patterns were proposed was not the same as the problems to which
its descendants are applied now.

I am intrigued to see that Tryvge has alternative design patterns in
mind in his current work, that I will have to read about later.