Seaside for 3.9 Kernel Image

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Jul 20 13:10:27 UTC 2006

On 20.07.2006, at 15:05, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> That wouldn't work on Mac OS, where a relative path *starts* with
> the directory separator:
>
> 	':tests:SUnit.st'.
>
> You'ld have to write
>
> 	 (FileDirectory default directoryNamed: 'tests')
> readOnlyFileNamed: 'SUnit.st'
>
> to make that work reliable. And to make it more legible:
>
> 	self testsDirectory readOnlyFileNamed: 'SUnit.st'
>
> Lately we use Michael's "Network-URI" package for file name
> handling, much easier to get right cross-platform:
>
> 	'tests/SUnit.st' asURI contentStream

Wich reminds me... the packages are in 3.9, but there are some things
missing:

0002109: URI>>downloadUrl unimplemented
http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=2109

0002108: URI>>hasRemoteContents unimplemented
http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=2108

I had hoped to get help fixing those in the loong time they are on
maintis...
Date Submitted: 10-21-05) but it was not important enough for anyone.

      Marcus