[SqNOS] Release 16-Jul-2006: Basic networking is working!

Gerardo Richarte gera at corest.com
Sat Jul 22 20:12:31 UTC 2006

Javier Diaz-Reinoso dijo:

> >/ I've tested now in a VirtualPC and worked ok!
> /
> Same here, however the mouse when move have "droppings" over the screen.

    This "dropping" are a problem of how the mouse cursor is drawn. When
squeak runs on an operating system the cursor is normally handled by the
system, however, here, we have to take care of that. And Squeak doesn't
have nice hooks to know when it's going to draw to the screen, so
hidding and showing the cursor again in the right moments is not trivial.

    However, this can (and must) be solved by touching a few methods in
Squeak, so if anybody wants to give it a try and find a nice and clean
solution, please, go ahead!!!!

    thanks for all the tests! I should start taking notes of all reports
    gera