Old source code subsystem [was: New source code subsystem]

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Thu Jul 27 08:47:29 UTC 2006

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 09:57:24 +0200, Marcus Denker wrote:
> On 27.07.2006, at 09:39, Klaus D. Witzel wrote:
>> No, I was lead by the aim for more collaborative features (hmm,
>> since there are none in Squeak, should I say for *at least* one or
>> two collaborative features).
>>

> What I would suggest: Do not plan to save the world, at least not at
> first. If you now set out to build "the solution" we won't have for a
> looong
> time, most likely never.
>
> What we need first is
>
>   - source offset in a property, not at the end of the bytecode. Use
> an Integer , so we get indefinite size of .source and .changens --
>     One Problem Solved.

Wait a minute, a quick question before that can be solved

(nil systemNavigation
	allMethodsSelect: [:cm | (cm fileIndex = 0
	or: [(SourceFiles at: cm fileIndex) == nil])
	or: [cm filePosition = 0]])asArray

This has size 204 in #7048, do the elements have anything to do with
potential changes to SourceFiles, fileIndex or filePosition?

/Klaus