Old source code subsystem [was: New source code subsystem]

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Thu Jul 27 10:14:20 UTC 2006

Hi Marcus,

on Thu, 27 Jul 2006 11:40:37 +0200, you <denker at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> On 27.07.2006, at 11:36, Klaus D. Witzel wrote:
>
>> The 204 methods without sourcePointer in #7048 are from
>>
>> 	BrowserProvider
>> 	WorldMenuProvider
>> 	PlayWithMe1
>> 	PlayWithMe1 class
>> 	Preferences class
>>
>> Marcus, can that be fixed (fileIn from some source/package) in the
>> next to come image
>
> No, these methods are generated, there was never code for them.

Filed the classes out, no problem seen (doesn't say much, as we still have
no consensus on aCompiledMethod>>#= for compiling the fileOut and doing a
= for comparision with the in-image methods ;-)

> We
> need to be able to
> support code-less methods... even if it is very bad style, IMHO.

Yes, must support them.

But how about Decompiler [which is involved during fileOut ( = source code
move) of sourceless methods]? Would you trust Decompiler in the light of
its bugs?

/Klaus