New source code subsystem

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Jul 27 11:24:48 UTC 2006

Pavel Krivanek puso en su mail :

> I have to draw the attention to the next one perspective. If we want
> to have future versions of Squeak based on some small UI-less minimal
> image, we will have got quite small sources file, big changes and we
> will lose history information (we will have versions of individual
> packages).
> The question is if we want to have compression in the kernel image (to
> support the compressed sources).
Yes, you need it at some point.

Could have a minimal support for gz only , not for all kinds of compression.

I do test for .sources and .gz and is almost the same size as Dan trick and
your could load .sources.gz or .changes.gz and keep in RWBinaryOrTextStream
on startUp for later use.

Again , wonderful job, still trying  to understand all .

To masters, we need a special "kernel folder" in ftp site , as now we have
one for Spoon

Edgar

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).