Old source code subsystem

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Thu Jul 27 14:00:13 UTC 2006

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 09:57:24 +0200, Marcus Denker wrote:
> What we need first is
>
>   - source offset in a property, not at the end of the bytecode.

Done. Would some good soul please explain why the file index bits are at
the left of the current sourcePointer (need no explanation for the bytes
at the end of the bytecode, just about the intention for the encoding).

Especially, does the current sourcePointer encoding support other than the
TWO existing SourceFiles? If not, that would make migration easier.

> Use
> an Integer , so we get indefinite size of .source and .changens --

It now has (SmallInteger maxVal bitShift: -1) for position and one bit for
file index. This gives 512MB capacity (16 fold) for the moment.

The transformation is {already} factored in StandardSourceFileArray, so
any change (for example to an oop) will be a piece of cake.

>     One Problem Solved.

After all the tests pass :)

/Klaus