Maybe this could help someone (was: Re: Squeak Maintenance and Condensed Sources

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Jul 28 09:40:45 UTC 2006

stéphane ducasse puso en su mail :

> Hi edgar
>
> you should describe what you obtained else nobody will look at it.
> Especially when this person does not have an full internet connection
>
> Stef
I do a fileOut for each version of each method of each class in the image.(a
fresh 7044 in this case).
So any could look / load if all was in one official place with 24/24
internet access.
Take as experiment , if you wish, for example and doing the same for all
what was done in Squeak from beginning of time to now.
Could be useful for historical research, and as I suggest, a way of doing
different of the monolithic image concept.

With kernel.image of Pavel and a some work for some Squeakers I hope in a
future you could do what now I doing in my SqueakLight experiments in a very
improved and better way.
That is, you produce your stuff (Rompecabezas, LogicCircus, new things) in a
.sar with any Squeak.
File in the kernelNNNN.image and you look for any what this image don't
understand in the official site via TCP, download and install.
As in the file name you have all, Class -method - ISOdate -author, you could
do a lot.

Sorry I serving on my own Mac , but seems me what 09:00 to 23:00 GMT is
enough for somebody could see and feedback how improve it.

Or do something better.

Cheers

Edgar

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.