Suggestions for C++ or DLL code

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Sun Jul 30 04:15:23 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I'm currently working on a TLS / SSL implementation and on windows I am
planning to support the Certificate Store that is built in.  This requires
me to use the CryptoAPI dlls.  The code is complex and it uses a number of
header files and many steps.  I built some C++ code that does what I'm
looking for so now I would like to incorporate this into Squeak.

I'd assumed that FFI was like DDL/C connect in VW but that's not what I'm
seeing.  So my question is: What is the best way to get this working?
Should I hack away at FFI and support the api directly, and is that even
possible?  Should I create DLL's to call and use them with FFI, or should I
compile some sort of plugins?  My preference would be to call the api
directly without having to create dll's, duplicating my C++ code in
Smalltalk if possible.

Some direction and comparisons of different options would be very helpful.

Thank you for your help!

Ron Teitelbaum