Kernel.image update for 7052 and my vision of the next development

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sun Jul 30 16:48:43 UTC 2006

Pavel Krivanek wrote:
> - extend UIManager to make the kernel independent on UI. It's about 30
> methods it means to take the current source and create the
> corresponding code in the MorphicUIManager or MVCUIManager

Ouch. This feels *extremely* wrong to me - you are making a user
interface abstraction be responsible for the defaults in exception
handling. Bad choice. What is wrong with the current implementations
anyway? There is no UI dependency in any of the standard exception
classes that I find in 3.9 (a few edge cases like
ProgressInitiationException that don't belong into Kernel discounted).

Cheers,
   - Andreas