Code Generation

Brent Pinkney brent.pinkney at aircom.co.za
Mon Jul 31 06:33:15 UTC 2006

Hi,

> For a project I have in mind, I'd like to do some in-image code
> generation.
>
> So, of the various packages available on
> SqueakMap/SqueakSource/Monticello is there one that you'd consider a
> good example of code generation techniques with Squeak?

Have a look at the Lava SQL engine for the Magma OODB. This parses
a SQL string using Smacc and then emits a Smalltalk class and methods
which is compiled by the Standard Smalltalk compiler.

When instantiated and executed it interogates the Magma database for the
desired results.

It is on SqueakSource. Contact me if you need help.

Cheers

Brent