Fed up with the web

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 1 23:49:23 UTC 2006

Dear Brad,

I think my "fed up with the web" goal would be to take everything that
you see in a firefox browser and simply be able to recreate it in
squeak, only (dreaming slightly) the plug in would be a "tea-spoon"
(lol) dynamically syncing with anything it needs to reify live objects
from the "serving-spoon" which have been placed by direct manipulation
and wysiwyg editing. No markup no cookies and no more web, I think we
might manage better fonts too.

Can anyone tell me how much of the plugin api is supported by the squeak
plug in? I know that it can make server requests and file requests via
the host browser, and the documentation that I found says that streaming
is not supported data is passed en-block. Is integration with javascript
possible?

My ultimate personal goal is to recreate www.tiddlywiki.com which might
explain why I am currently tinkering with Pier. This may seem
hypocritical of me, but Pier is one of the first wiki's that is not
entirely web bound because of magritte.

of course everything is possible if you beleive

Keith