Using SqueakMap on a fresh 3.8 Image for the first time -> CPU 100% for an hour

Günther Schmidt gue.schmidt at web.de
Sat Jun 3 20:39:11 UTC 2006

Stéphane,

thanks for answering, but you got me just more confused.

stéphane ducasse schrieb:
> It seems that the version 3.8 of MC is fetching a lot the source of the

that's version 3.8 of Monticello and not 3.8 image?

> methods (which is really slow)
> and was partially fixed in 3.9 or at least cached (if I remember

and that would be Monticello 3.9 but not Squeak image 3.9?

Well is there a way to do totally without MC since, as I understand it,
MC is meant for package *development* as opposed to SqueakMap which is
meant for package *distribution*?

Günther