How to extend Omnibrowser?

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Wed Jun 7 16:25:00 UTC 2006

On Jun 7, 2006, at 11:06 AM, Diego Fernandez wrote:

> Hi I want to extent OB to include the AutomaticMethodCategorizer
> (http://www.squeaksource.com/autoMethodCat/).
>
> I heard that OB is very extensible, but I couldn't find information
> on how to do this.
> Any clue?

Diego,

The 'categorize automatically' menu item is implemented by
OBCategoryActor. Have a look at #categorizeActionFor: and
#categorizeIn: especially. If you just want to change the behavior of
this action, you can modify #categorizeIn: to call your code. To
extend OB without modifying it, you'd want to create an Actor class.

Note that Actions are one of the areas of OB that will probably
change in the next release of OB.

Si tiene preguntas podemos comunicar en español por correo directo.

Colin