The assignment character in 3.9 and onward

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Thu Jun 8 16:49:52 UTC 2006

Dear Squeakers,

As a newcomer to Squeak, slowly coming from other Smalltalk and a
supporter of as much unified Smalltalk world as possible, I strongly
hope that you will choose := for an assignment operator (or one of
them). Some reasons:

- consistence with other Smalltalks,
- consistence with other languages,
- lower barrier of entry for newcomers.