To Squeak or Tweak???

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Thu Jun 8 20:32:35 UTC 2006

Randy Siler <rsiler at u.washington.edu> wrote:
> I have a question: How should I be thinking about whether to wait for
> Tweak or jump into Squeak and start learning.

I don't think you should pitch "Squeak" against "Tweak" - it is more
like "Morphic" against "Tweak".
Now, there are many others much more capable to respond here but my take
is that in the longer run Tweak is most surely "the future".

How long it will take until the regular community developed Squeak
release to adopt Tweak as the *default* UI and drop Morhpic is a
different story - that probably takes quite a bit of work until it will
happen, at least that is *my* guess - even though ToolBuilder etc should
make the transition simpler.

By looking at:

	http://tweak.impara.de/TECHNOLOGY/Download/

It seems you can get it running in the current 3.8 image. I haven't done
it myself but I assume it works.

regards, Göran