The assignment character in 3.9 and onward

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Fri Jun 9 11:17:33 UTC 2006

On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 11:14:57 +0200, stéphane ducasse wrote:

> It would be nice to consider that lot of people are migrating back and
> forth code between
> VW, Dolphin, Squeak. But apparently nobody cares of them....

This should be the easiest one, Preferences fileOutUsesAnsiAssignment:
true. And then, on the fileOut/fileIn context menus:

...fileOut (Squeak)
...fileOut (Ansi)

...fileIn (Squeak)
...fileIn (Ansi)

The above might look as if it where code bloat but then, for example, the
cr lf conventions also suffer from code bloat.

/Klaus

> Stef
>
> Using := is not an aesthetic reason. We have much better reason to be
> incompatible.

:) But the same can be said for