SqNOS: new article "A simple guide to writing HardwareDevices"

Andres Valloud andresv at ntct1.com
Sat Jun 10 06:02:02 UTC 2006

Hello Gerardo,

Friday, June 9, 2006, 11:44:49 PM, you wrote:

GR>     SqueakNOS: A simple guide to writing HardwareDevices

Nice!  How about a BinaryStorageDevice to mount a raw HDD partition,
so something like GemStone can run there?  No file system for you
(alas, a large identity hash is needed for this to work properly).

I liked the alarm example, and it reminded me of dealing with int70h,
which is triggered by reprogramming the RTC.  As opposed to the alarm,
which is sent until you tell it to stop, int70h will be sent only once
unless you tell it to keep going.  You can select many different
frequencies, and this does not affect the RTC's time keeping.  Maybe
it will be useful for something.

Good stuff!

--
Best regards,