SqNOS: new article "A simple guide to writing HardwareDevices"

Andres Valloud andresv at ntct1.com
Sun Jun 11 16:53:28 UTC 2006

Hello Gerardo,

Sunday, June 11, 2006, 12:12:16 AM, you wrote:

GR> hola Andres! donde estas?

En mi casa, por supuesto! :)

GR> if they work like a big memory image with garbage collection and
GR> everything.

Yes, modulo details.

GR> Weird... in our case IRQ 8 continued to be triggered until we read
GR> register C from the CMOS/RTC. (which is no other than just an I/O
GR> port reading). May be you were doing this just to check if the IRQ
GR> was in fact coming from the RTC?

See attached, that's where I got the info from.  I did include int70h
functionality is some of my programs and it worked great --- with the
exception that aborting the program caused immediate crashes as the
int70h handler was not restored properly.

--
Best regards,
 Andres                            mailto:andresv at ntct1.com