Proposal for a Squeak migration meeting

Davide Arrigo davide.arrigo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 06:34:11 UTC 2006

Hi Hilaire

> As a free software activist and developer, I always get political
> difficulty to promote Squeak because of its licence. For me it is
> already free but most of the free software community and my friend  do
> not share this point of view. It is really a problem because  most
> people get stuck to the licence problem and they can't  discover all the
> great stuff coming with Squeak and Smalltalk.

I'm totally agree with you, I didn't understood why the Squeak License
is too different from the other from opensource and free software
movement. In my opinion is better to rethinking this licensing
politics to promote Squeak and grow in the opensource community.
Squeak is an amazing tool as educational environment, it's a great occasion.

Best Regards