Craig Latta available for work

Ed Boyce edboyce at bu.edu
Mon Jun 19 14:21:20 UTC 2006

Hi Craig.

organizing a bounty for a port of Squeak/Croquet to the Haiku operating
system. You'll recall that we spoke about Haiku OS as the successor te
BeOS in terms of its ultra low latency, fine grained multithreading
capabilities during that cab ride at C5.  These capabilities should make
it be a great, lightweight OS base for Squeak and Croquet.

The bounty (seeded with $1000 from me with some extra donations by others
expected) is being arranged through  www.haikubounties.org and will be
posted this week.  However, if you really were keen on the project, I
would give you first dibs on the fund since I know you have the right kind
of uber bit flinging experience to do it well.

Of course the work would be worth more than the modest bounty itself, but
the work will contribute significantly to the communiny, and the is to be
released under the Croquet license.  The port work is probably doable over
a few weeks with an initial working port possible within a week; it has
been done in a weekend for other Unix like platforms, and Ian P. has
offered to help with Unix-like build issues).

See
www.haiku-os.org
http://haikunews.org/1203

    Let me know if this intrigues you enough to want further info.

       Best Regards,

          Ed Boyce