Swiki guidance?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Jun 27 03:14:18 UTC 2006

Hi Dan,

1)
A swiki would be a nice place to start, but if you haven't
looked into it yet, you really owe it to yourself to spend
a bit of time with Seaside. There is some good documentation
starting at http://seaside.org, and a couple of hours downloading
it and tinkering with the demos is time well spent. It's really
a nice piece of work.

2)
Squeak 3.8 is probably a comfortable choice.

3)
Two separate copies are probably what you'll want, but to get
started just use one. You can access the "server application"
through a web browser, and just use the normal Squeak display
to tinker with the server. There are various ways to connect
to the image when it's running as a headless server, depending
in part on what OS you prefer to use. Ian's VNC server seems
to be popular, and there is a web-accessible Squeak brower
included with the Seaside demos that you will probably find
interesting.

Dave