Looking for papers about 'Dealing with workflows in Smalltalk'

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Jun 28 08:36:47 UTC 2006

Hi damien

here is a list:

- we need smart categories (where we can drop what we want, even to
do items)
	cf starbrowser

- if would be good to have path in the browsed classes (like in the
forest):
the last time you came in the class you look at these methods

- multiple panes for simultaneous method browsing
	cf whisher

- support for refactoring and consistent key binding everywhere (in
VW this is broken)
you cannot extract a method from the debugger and some key binding do
not work in different tools.

- Sometimes I would like to browse a class and all its collaborators
(using dirrect reference to classes or typer result)
and I do not want to see all the other classes in the same packages.

- We should always be able to see the superclass chain in any
browser. In squeak this is really missing.
Opening yet another browser is a bad idea.