Proposal for a Squeak migration meeting

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Thu Jun 29 12:22:53 UTC 2006

Am 29.06.2006 um 00:13 schrieb Andreas Raab:

> Chris Muller wrote:
>> If the 3.9 team used Berts script it should have preserved the author
>> and timestamp information; I had updated the script to preserve it..
>
> I don't think this happened. I mean, I know how much work Stef is
> putting into 3.9 but I just don't think that he's written more code
> in 3.9 alone than, say Dan, has *ever* written for Squeak ;-) See
> here:

I guess Stef used an earlier version that did not have the fix by Chris.

Anyhow, to get the actual list of contributors youl'd have to find
the authors of *every* earlier version anyway, so for the problem at
hand this is irrelevant (though it would be preferrable to have the
initials intact). Also, if, say, a parameter was added to a method
and the old one deleted, shouldn't it still be considered the same
method? Or if it was simply renamed? We lose the history in both cases.

- Bert -