Turing Award Winner [was: Grandfather...]

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Fri Mar 3 17:15:55 UTC 2006

Hi, Klaus -

>Sure, that is what evolution is good for, at least :) Let me add that I respect your position, by all means.
>
>I was thinking about Algol->Simula->Smalltalk when I saw the grandfather relation. Hope you don't mind :)

No problem.  I get the perspective of *a* grandfather;  I just wanted to put in a marker for any newbies who might have no idea where this all came from.

	- Dan

By the way, there are lots of copies of Alan's article on line;  here's the first I found:

	http://gagne.homedns.org/~tgagne/contrib/EarlyHistoryST.html