Squeak for "profesional" games

Lord ZealoN lordzealon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 10:39:29 UTC 2006

Hi, i wanna start a project with a friend.

This project will be a mmorpg (Musive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying game)
and we have some questions.

WE thought do it with php and mysql, but this system has limitations (3D for
example).

Now, i'm thinking in squeak (i'm learning it, and thinking in her object
reuse) and, here are my questions and the introduction for the questions.

Imagine, The game will be like a Town (for example). But each neighbor is a
real guy (100 guys connected at the same time for example) with which you
can chat, interact, take a walk, pilot an airplane etc...

Now the questions

Squeak
- Squeak has a good continous develop? New features, velocity, etc.....
-Squeak is focused only for educational app's? or for normal/profesional
use?

Game
- Is factible do a game with this characteristics in squeak?

Graphics
- How works squeak with 3D graphics?

- Exists any engine like crystalspace3D or Ogre for games? (load MD2 files,
terrain, ODE etc..)

- Is possible do a 3Dgame in squeak?

Network
- This game will be only online. Is factible the use of Seaside for do the
game for web?

- Will be Better a "squeak server"? Will be better use squeak plugin for
browsers?

- With squeak and seaside you can have sessions etc.. like PHP?

The game will be for a friends and me, but, if the result is good, we will
think sell it.

In other thinks, we are thinking develop in amateur level, but with
profesional level if is possible.

Well, this is all at the moment, thanks a lot, and sorry for this maill too
large and for my bad english-google-language-tools.

Cheers.