[Q] Squeak feature bounties

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Mar 7 10:00:37 UTC 2006

Marcus Denker wrote:
>> What are the opinions of the people on this list?
>
> We have already discussed about bounties on the SqF board list,
> and it would be interesting to know the opinion of people about this.
>
> I personally think having a platform for posting/managing Bounties would
> be very nice to have... I can't say I have a clue of how good this works,
> but it would be an experiment we should do.

Hasn't this experiment already been tried? It looks like

	http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2653

contains a list of enhancements with bounties in the range of $100 to
$1000. AFAIK, none of these have ever been claimed, and I'd also be
curious to better understand why people "sign up" for these bounties (if
they do sign up at all - I wonder how many of these bounties just go to
people who happen to work on the problem anyway).

Cheers,
   - Andreas