Ask not what the board can do for you, ask rather what you can do for us all

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Wed Mar 8 21:21:52 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 22:14 +0100, Damien Cassou wrote:
> > Job 3: assign it to someone plausible
> > A lot of the time it is quickly obvious where the problem lies and you
> > can assign the report to the right people. If you don't know the right
> > assignee, change the report status to feedback and assign it to your
> > best guess.  It's not like you're ordering the person to do work.
> > What we could do with in the Mantis setup is a more useful list of
> > assignable names; I'd really prefer to see 'VM guys', 'Collections
> > folks', 'Windows weenie' than 'fred', 'jkr' etc. Roles are better than
> > names for this purpose.
>
> It seems I can't change assignment for my bugs. They are automatically
> affected to Ken. Do I need some permissions ?

As I answered for someone else recently: You don't directly assign bugs,
you set the Category field to the appropriate value which assigns it to
an appropriate team.

Ken

P.S. If you don't choose a category and leave it as Any then it is
assigned to me so that I'm notified and then I can go in and set the
category.