Team Report: Morphic - February 2006

Juan Vuletich jmvsqueak at uolsinectis.com.ar
Thu Mar 9 22:29:54 UTC 2006

Hi All,

This is the monthly report from the Morphic Stewards team.
We are in charge of the following packages: Morphic, MorphicExtras, Etoys,
FlexibleVocabularies, Nebraska, and StarSqueak. Our mailing list is
accessible at
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/morphic

About the team
----------------

Our objectives are:
- Maintenance, bug fixing, reviewing other collaborations, etc.
- Split Morphic into several packages that can be unloaded and loaded back
at will. The packages are Morphic, MorphicExtras, Etoys and some others.
- Help with Morphic support for ToolBuilder.
- Clean Morphic. Remove stuff from basic classes (especially Morph).
- Handle Etoys and other packages to people with specific interest in them.

About last month
-----------------

We published new versions of the packages, including:
- Mantis-0504-CurvierMorph, fix by Jerome Peace (wiz)
- Resizing SystemWindows on any corner, fix by Juan Vuletich (jmv) and Robin
(rl)
- Removal CDScreenShotMorph, indicated by Jerome Peace (wiz)
- Mantis-3061-SnapPop, fix by Jerome Peace (wiz)
- Mantis-3075-MixedCurves, fix by Jerome Peace (wiz)
- Mantis-2589-ButtonTargets, fix by Jerome Peace (wiz)
- Mantis-2709-CurveBoundsTRFix, fix by Jerome Peace (wiz)
- Mantis-2496-Halos-Menus, fix by Jerome Peace (wiz)
Reviewed by Juan Vuletich (jmv)

About next month
------------------

Our plans for the short term (i.e. this month) are:
- Integrate collaborations from the community
- BugFixing
- Look at suggestions and requests regarding Morphic
- Integrate what we find to be mature enough
- Enhance support for ToolBuilder

Coda
------

We are open to suggestions and code collaborations. We are specially
interested in code that:
- Optimizes performance
- Fixes bugs
- Simplifies the framework
- Adds new, needed functionality, without adding too much complexity

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich