Squeak Legal Entity Formation

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Mon Mar 13 20:03:53 UTC 2006

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 14:09:13 -0500, Andrew Greenberg
<werdna at mucow.com> wrote:

>Legal formation of a foundation such as Squeak-F is a relatively
>simple problem, and doesn't really deserve much cognitive effort.

Yup. We can easily mimick what is already there, and the most common
thing seems to be a Delaware non-stock company but you're right, it
should depend more on what whatever advisor will help us is
comfortable with.

>THE REAL QUESTION IS, AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN, TO DEFINE THE ENTITY'S
>MISSION.

http://swiki.cdegroot.com/squeakfoundation/6 is a start into that
direction.

> As a practical
>matter, does Squeak-F expect to do much grass roots fund-raising,
>that you should particularly care?

So far we've been quite succesful at getting lots of people to donate
small amounts of cash, so I figure it is at least going to be one of
the financial pillars. I wouldn't know which of these supporters are
e.g. self-employed (I am and I typically book these sorts of donations
off as expenses).