Proposal for the coming versions

Diego Gomez Deck DiegoGomezDeck at consultar.com
Mon Mar 13 20:52:57 UTC 2006

Hi folks,

What about preambles and postscripts in versions of Monticello-packages?

Let's state an example: We have a package named Foo, with the versions
Foo1, Foo2, Foo3, Foo4 and Foo5.

Foo3 and Foo5 versions have preamble and/or postscript.

If you have loaded Foo1 and you want to update to Foo5, version Foo3 has
to be loaded before loading Foo5.

This solution will force to load the intermediate versions where a
preamble/postscript exists, but it's not a big problem.

We need to load the intermediate versions to be sure the
preamble/postscript execute in a predictable way.

BTW This proposal don't include a fix for the class-renaming problem.

Cheers,

-- Diego