about translations

Jeroen van Hilst jeroen at keizerrijk.net
Tue Mar 14 19:31:36 UTC 2006

Hello All,

I im giving some feeback on the language translations.

When i import Alberto's 2 changesets, i get a full working
LanguageTranslator with new button and gettext import/export.
But - this is a 'known' issue - it slows the system down to unworkable
speed. After the Translator is closed, things speed up again.

When i apply Takashi's changes over that and i start the LanguageEditor -
the system freezes.

Please note that im a beginning sqeaker, so i cant tell what the cause of
all this is.

I've looked through the changesets and compareed the code of the different
images (smalland, squeakbase and squeakplugin-dev) and understand that there
are two (or maybe more) differente branches of development ...
But i dont understand (yet) what and why exactly is different in these
solutions. If somebody could explain (a bit) it would be very helpfull (at
least to me). If worth anything this helps me a lot to discover squak better
and i've learned a great deal already by just trying to grasp all changes
etc.

For now Ill just concentrate on translating some of the obvious things to
Dutch. When i have some more or less complete translation i could post (to
squeakland).

Maybe it would be a good idea to make some kind of repository of all done
translations (if any) ?

Keep up the good work, ill try to kick in where i can !

Greetings
 - Jeroen

news:44165655.1090208 at metatoys.org...