SqueakSource notification...

Elod Kironsky kironsky at grisoft.cz
Wed Mar 15 23:03:46 UTC 2006

Hi!
> Hi
>
> I am sorry for the long delay, but your mail has not been forgotten :)
>
> 2006/3/6, Elod Kironsky <kironsky at grisoft.cz>:
>
>> I am sorry for the multiple posting. Just another question. Why is it,
>> that if a project is not public, then the RSS feed is not functioning,
>>

> Because you are not logged in and in this case non public projects are
> treated as if they wouldn't exist.
>

>> but when I search the project on the SqueakSource web and click the RSS
>> feed tab, then I can see the feed?
>>

> Because in this case you are probably alread logged in.

No. I am not logged in. I noticed, that some features work if I log in
and log out. As it would use some kind cookie or something.

>> Is it possible to access the RSS feed
>> in the case the project is not public (I mean from a RSS reader not from
>> the webpage) by providing let's say the login and password for the
>> projects admin/developer?
>>

> Yes, in the very latest monticello code of SqS the treatment of
> requests to not public projects has changed. We now use http basic
> authetification in that case. As a sideeffect this also makes static
> links to not public projects possible (you will get the standard http
> login dialog). We hope to be able to deploy it soon.

Very good, I am looking forward to see that feature.

Just only one thing. If I log in and my project is not public, I cannot
download any version. I can see them, but not download them.

Elod