Squeak on UTF-8 system

Sungjin Chun chunsj at embian.com
Fri Mar 17 02:00:32 UTC 2006

On Mar 16, 2006, at 10:23 PM, Petr wrote:

> 2) WAKomEncoded: Unfortunately it means, I can have accented text
> entered into my image only through web interface. So I tried
> WAKomEncoded, which successfully recodes from Squeak to UTF-8 and
> renders text properly in browser. BUT text entered in browser and
> displayed back is not recoded properly. The UTF-8 conversion
> substitutes the letters with accent with other combination of
> characters then it should.
> This problem arises on system with any encoding.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Petr

does your squeak uses UTF-8? As far as I know default system does not
use this encoding and I (using Korean and UTF-8) have to modified
squeak so that it use UTF-8 encoding and after this I can get correct
display in both browser and web browser(seaside application). Hope
this can help you.

PS)
I think Squeak should use UTF-8 (or any equivalent unicode based
encoding scheme, I think UTF-8 is best choice) exclusively.