Squeak on UTF-8 system

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Fri Mar 17 07:33:54 UTC 2006

  I don't have such environments so that I cannot test things by
myself, but the rule of thumb is to disable the conversion built in
the VM.  I believe that the VM (do you mean that the VM is 3.8a1 or
such?) has "noconv" or such for the -textenc and -encoding.

  The encoding conversion in the VM is basically written before the
m17n stuff, and doesn't work well if combined with it.

  Hope this helps in some way...

-- Yoshiki