Bounty Systems

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Mar 17 19:50:21 UTC 2006

> What I take from this is that if bounties are offered at all, they
> should be small.  I don't mean that the dollar amounts should be
> small,
> but that the goal to be met for the bounty should be small.  Anything
> that would take more than a week of part time (say a total of 10
> hours)
> of work and need to be represented by multiple milestones needs to
> somehow be broken up into seperate milestones, hopefully ones that can
> be tackled by more than one person (although not necesarily
> simultaneously).
>
> I should of course note for completeness that I am not in favor of
> bounties being offered by SqueakFoundation.  I have no problem with
> offers from 'unofficial' individuals.

Hi Ken

I would like to know then if you have ideas how we could
	- influence the dev or fixes of certain parts of squeak
	- pushing so that something get done because pilling money even if
this is not a lot
	is not good either (like in the army I would like to be able to say
that we spent
	everything and that we need more :)

Stef