[ANN] 3.9a7011

Cesare Marilungo cesare at poeticstudios.com
Sat Mar 18 01:36:27 UTC 2006

Marcus Denker wrote:

> http://ftp.squeak.org/3.9alpha/Squeak3.9a-7011.zip

I'm just a newbie (I discovered this wonderful project and smalltalk
itself less than a week ago) but this image didn't worked for me as it came.

I'm on Slackware linux and I had the latest stable version installed. I
just dropped the image and the changes file in the same directory and
invoked squeak with this new image.

Is this the correct procedure?

Anyway I tried it and I couldn't remove any morphic by clicking in the
top left halo button. It complained it didn't understand the message
'dismissMorph'. I noticed that in the Morph class source the method was
written 'dismissMorph: evt'. The parameter 'evt' wasn't used in the
method body, so I removed it and the double colons.

And then it worked.

Hope this helps.

Keep going with the good work.

c.