Metaclass issues.

Michael van der Gulik squeakml at gulik.co.nz
Sun Mar 19 21:34:41 UTC 2006

Hi all.

I've found myself in the unfortunate position of needing to work with
Metaclasses for my own project!

I'll spare the details; you can email me directly if you want them :-).
Why does the following happen?:

m := Metaclass new. " Construct the Metaclass instance for my new class"
c := m new. "Make my new class".

The code will evaluate fine, but if you try to do anything with c, CPU
usage hits 100% and I can't seem to break out of it.

Ideas? I suspect it is something like m not being initialised properly
with a superclass etc. I'm taking my inspiration from
ClassBuilder>>privateNewSubclassOf:.

Michael.