Henrik antialising

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Tue Mar 21 09:41:12 UTC 2006

Am 21.03.2006 um 08:43 schrieb stéphane ducasse:

> Hi guys
>
> did one of you hear about andy tween the cool father of SHOUT.
> Way back he said that he was willing to harvest Henrik antialiasing
> font rendering.

Don't know. But for Sophie I revived Ned's Freetype2 Plugin:

	http://source.impara.de/freetype.html

The integration with regular Squeak fonts is a bit immature (Sophie
uses its own font management) but it should be a start.

What would be cool is if someone would take this and make a higher-
quality renderer for the TTCFonts - if the plugin is available,
render nicely sub-pixel antialiased glyphs with Freetype, otherwise
fall back to the currently used blurry BalloonEngine rendering.

- Bert -