Henrik antialising

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Tue Mar 21 15:44:09 UTC 2006

Am 21.03.2006 um 14:51 schrieb Andrew Tween:

> Hi Bert,
> I would very much like to adapt my sub-pixel work to use your
> Freetype2
> plugin.
>
> How should I proceed with installing it? In particular...
>
> Which image should I use, 3.7, 3.8, 3.9, any particular configuration?

Only tested on 3.8

> Which packages should I load?

compiling the plugin: Freetype-Base + Freetype-Plugin

using / testing: Freetype-Base + Freetype-Fonts

installing sample fonts: Freetype-Vera (depends on Freetype-Fonts)

There are two config maps at the bottom of http://source.impara.de/
freetype/ but they do not point to the latest versions.

>     I have tried loading stuff, but get various errors, for example...
>         When I try to load Freetype-Base-JMM.40.mcz into latest 3.9
> I get...
>             This package depends on the following classes:
>               CTransformCanvas
>
>     Is there some other stuff I need first?

Uggh, that stuff should not be in that package ... seems to have been
slipped in by some Sophie developer (CTransformCanvas is used by Tweak).

You should be able to ignore the warning and load the package
anyways, no?

> How would I then set things up for building a VM & plugin for Windows?
>     Do I need to obtain the source for a specific version of
> Freetype2 ?
>     (When I built a custom VM for my new BitBlt mode, I found that
> I had to
> do this from 3.7 Full.
>     3.8 and later caused errors, but I didn't have time to
> investigate)

Hmm, not sure about the Windows plugin ... someone compiled it for
Sophie, so it works, somehow ;-)

If you do it as external plugin it shouldn't matter if it is 3.7 or
3.8, so use whatever works for you.

- Bert -