Henrik antialising

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue Mar 21 18:37:37 UTC 2006

On 21-Mar-06, at 7:44 AM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

>>     I have tried loading stuff, but get various errors, for
>> example...
>>         When I try to load Freetype-Base-JMM.40.mcz into latest
>> 3.9 I get...
>>             This package depends on the following classes:
>>               CTransformCanvas
>>
>>     Is there some other stuff I need first?
>
> Uggh, that stuff should not be in that package ... seems to have
> been slipped in by some Sophie developer (CTransformCanvas is used
> by Tweak).
>
> You should be able to ignore the warning and load the package
> anyways, no?

Ya, that is in there because it alters CTransformCanvas so that it
deals with FT2 Font rendering, of course that's needed in Sophie.

>> How would I then set things up for building a VM & plugin for
>> Windows?
>>     Do I need to obtain the source for a specific version of
>> Freetype2 ?
>>     (When I built a custom VM for my new BitBlt mode, I found that
>> I had to
>> do this from 3.7 Full.
>>     3.8 and later caused errors, but I didn't have time to
>> investigate)
>
> Hmm, not sure about the Windows plugin ... someone compiled it for
> Sophie, so it works, somehow ;-)
>
> If you do it as external plugin it shouldn't matter if it is 3.7 or
> 3.8, so use whatever works for you.

Beware that newer plugins compiled with newer VM interface files with
newer major/minor version numbers won't
load with older VM because the version numbers in the plugins are
higher than in the VM. This feature is there
to prevent disaster, but as a side effect causes problems because a
plugin won't load on your 3.6 VM and you don't know why...

===