Strange PasteUpMorph>>drawOn:

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ext.cri74.org
Tue Mar 21 20:23:35 UTC 2006

Tom Phoenix a écrit :

> It sounds as if you want to have the grid drawn even when it's not
> active. Is that it? Although the code in PasteUpMorph>>drawOn: doesn't
> currently support showing the grid when it's not active, as you've
> found, it should not be difficult to make it possible.

Hum, yes, it is that. May be the grid was design that way, which at
first looks to me as a wrong design. May be I am the first one to
display a grid without the gridding (magnetic grid feaure), then later I
 can activate gridding, wheter the grid is visible or not. Of course it
was not difficult to make it possible, but to do that I have to
duplicated in my own class the griddingFlag which I am not that much
happy with. But of course it is just a minor problem.

>>As a result I have to duplicate the griddingFlag in my
>>code to know if I want or not to use gridding.
>

> When you say "duplicate", do you mean that you are having your own
> code draw the grid, duplicating some code from PasteUpMorph>>drawOn: ?

No, I wrote: "I have to duplicate the griddingFlag", not to duplicate
code. The griddingOn as to be true if you want to display the grid, it
looks to me as a duplicated behavior of the gridVisible flag.

> Or do you mean that you are unable to access the value of griddingOn?
>
> I feel as if I'm missing your meaning. I can't be sure whether you're
> asking how to do something, reporting a bug, or something else. If it

I want to have some exchange regarding this strange situation with grid
and gridding. I know where to report bug, don't worry.

> seems to you that you haven't been heard, feel free to repeat your
> request in French (or whatever language you're best at). Although I

I am afraid you will have to get used with my English.

Thanks for your time,

Hilaire Fernandes