Henrik antialising

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Mar 22 04:43:40 UTC 2006

Ok, I'll note someone needs to restructure this and likely rename the
SophieFontEmphasisEncoder and the encoding instance variable name,
it's on my todo list, but likely not going to happen for many months.

What lead to the emphasis change was a need for something else than
magic numbers to store emphasis information that comes from the font,
such as narrow-condensed-light-italic...

The adding of VectorFont and altering how of the emphasis encoding
was done, and the required rebuilding, likely resulted in the
walkback, and was a er *source of discussion* within the Sophie team
when I whacked them with it last fall, as you see it's a bit better,
still not perfect yet.

On 21-Mar-06, at 7:39 PM, Andrew Tween wrote:

> Thanks,
> I've now got everything installed (in a 3.8 image), and the Vera
> fonts are
> rendering correctly.
> It looks very good.
>
> (I had to also install SophieFontManager to get
> SophieFontEmphasisEncoder
> and I had to evaluate 'TTCFont initialize' in an emergency evaluator
> after loading. There was a walback just after loading, and before the
> initialize
> method ran. To be safe, I then loaded all the packages again.)
>
> I can now start to move some of my sub-pixel code over, and I'll
> let you
> know how it goes.
> Thanks again for your help,
> Cheers,