Differences between squeak and Dolphin [off topic]

Scott Thompson easco at mac.com
Wed Mar 22 14:33:42 UTC 2006

On Mar 22, 2006, at 4:46 AM, Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> stéphane ducasse puso en su mail :
>
>> I think that dolphin is a really good smalltalk
>> that I cannot use since I'm on mac :(
> Why not Stef ?
>
> I was able to use the Dolphin what comes in some ESUG CD a while
> ago using
> the old good Virtual PC emulator.
>
> I don't have a Mac Intel, but my Apple friends told me what I could
> run any
> regular PC soft with it.

This is true, after a fashion.  The other day someone managed to get
Windows XP running on an Intel  Mac, but there is a big difference
between "running" and "useable" :-)

Your best bet, at the moment, is still Virtual PC.  The VPC team is
working very hard to ensure that Virtual PC runs like a speed demon
on an Intel machine but they don't have anything out yet.

Scott