about translations

Takashi Yamamiya tak at metatoys.org
Thu Mar 23 06:28:54 UTC 2006

Hi Alberto,

oops, I found a mistake in last changesets.  01LanguageBackport.2.cs.gz
and 02LanguageBackport.2.cs.gz include LF as new line mark, please
download newer version from;
http://www.languagegame.org:8080/ggame/17/
I think there would be another better place to upload these files though...

> well, well done  Takashi! thanks!
> I'll wait for you to implement also an UTF-8 import:)
Actually, UTF-8 import has already done.

> I'm going to publish the italian translation along with a howto about
> how to load it into the image and maybe contribute back.
> I think to publish also these changesets, i we don't find a better place
> for them.

Great!

> Another issue i'm facing right now is phrases duplication. Inside the
> exported .po i find many duplicated phrases which differ only for the
> number of escapes ( \ characters) that they contain. Here is an example:

That's interesting. Indeed, this was because gettext importing
problem. There is a button named 'r-unused' most right side on
LanguageEditor. With this button, you can eliminate bad phrases. But
it takes too long time (10-20 min in my computer).

Backslash related problem will be fixed in new changeset
fixGetTextEscape-tak.1.cs.gz.

Anyway, I found another bug. Current gettext support doesn't
handle phrases with new lines well. "new line\nphrases" should be
denoted as like (at least with po-edit);

""
"new line\n"
"phrases"

This is a time to use mantis...