HTTPProxyEditor preference in 3.9 - username / password

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Sat Mar 25 08:41:31 UTC 2006

On Friday 24 March 2006 18:16, German Arduino wrote:
> Milan Zimmermann wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to use Squeak's "Find a Project" behind HTTP Proxy which
> > requires username and password. I see the "http proxy" in the Preferences
> > Browser but it does not seem to have a place for login/password (neither
> > it asks for it once the connection is attempted). Is there a way to set
> > username/password? (I searched the list and there are some indications
> > (1993) a changeset existed to allow setting it but I do not really see
> > how to do it even in 3.7 and 3.8)
> >
> > Thanks Milan
>
> Try evaluating in a workspace:
>
> HTTPSocket useProxyServerNamed: proxyServerName port: portNum proxyUser:
> aString password: anotherString

German,

Thanks - this seems as if it should be working, but I am getting a message
"HTTP Proxy Authentication required". I think I am setting all proxy info
correctly, as it works if I set the same info into my browser for "Manual
Proxy Settings". I will look further why it does not work from Squeak for me

Thanks Milan