Underscore conversion in 3.9 (was Re: About the #logChange error in SqueakMap)

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Mar 31 19:24:24 UTC 2006

Hi chris,

I'm not sure I understood what you meant exactly but here are some
points to explain
what drived us:

	- the code in the image should be homogenous so having := consistently
	would be better than having one methods with _ and one with :=

	- we tried to ease the transition between Squeak and the other
Smalltalks which
	(as far as I know but I can be wrong use :=).

	- people can use the characters they want for their code

	- I would loved to get a consistently formatting and I believe in
your increase in productivity ;)
	I hope that the pretty printer a guy here is doing will be cool
enough so that everybody can use it

Stef