Anyone out there know Java's AWT? How about .jnlp launches?

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Fri Mar 31 23:51:58 UTC 2006

Folks -

I have my Squeak VM in Java working so that the entire Mini2.1 image
runs quite nicely.
I'd like help from anyone who would have fun playing with this.  The
main things I'd like help with are...

Support for changing color depth (at least to 8, 16, and 32 bits; ideally all).
	 I currently have it working with 1-bit B/W only.  I believe
BitBlt works in color;
	I just need to be able to change the color model in the AWT window.
Support for changing the window size, both from inside Squeak and by
window resize.
Getting various command characters to work right on various
platforms, especially cmd-period.
Also, booting from a .jnlp web link would be nice.  I've tried the
JavaWebStart stuff and couldn't get it to work

It may sound crazy for me to be asking here, since I work at Sun now,
but folks here are busy doing other things, and I'm hoping for
someone who would already know what they are looking at if they see
Squeak VM code.

The minute it does color and can boot from a web page, I'll put it out.

Please reply directly to me so we don't clutter this list with extra traffic

Thanks
	- Dan