[ANN] New beginners squeak mailing-list

francois schnell francois.schnell at gmail.com
Mon May 1 08:18:26 UTC 2006

I think it would be useful for the newcomers if the list is directly visible
in the community page (otherwise I imagine some of them won't dig in
"specific sub project" and "special interest lists"):

http://squeak.org/Community/

For the moment:

Community

Squeak has an active and enthusiastic user community. Participants include
teachers working on curriculum materials, commercial and academic users, and
a number of "quantum mechanics" interested in newer and better approaches to
the ultimate goal of making high-quality computation simple and efficient.

If you want to join this vibrant community a good place to start is to read
the Community How-To <http://squeak.org/Community/HowTo/>.
Mailing lists

There are a number of Squeak sub-projects that can be found here:

the main list dealing with development of and in Squeak. It is
mirrored
   at Gmane<http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak.general>and
   Nabble <http://www.nabble.com/Squeak-f14152.html>
   - Specific sub-project
discussions<http://discuss.squeakfoundation.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-browse>

There is also other web and news access to Squeak and Squeak related lists: